Walmart is the largest retailer in the United States.
- Walmart is the largest retailer in the United States, and the largest employer of African Americans, Hispanics, seniors and women nationwide.
- Walmart’s standards are lower than the rest of the retail business.
- Health care coverage and retirement plans are not within reach for many Walmart workers.
- Walmart enriches those at the top. Six members of the Walton family—which own just under 50 percent of the company—are worth an estimated $100 billion.
- Changing Walmart will alter the retail sector.